Followers

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Minnie

Mister Dollar had a general store and now it's the Dollar General chain of stores all over the Southern USA.  It's a general store and they sell a little bit of everything.  Three different of these things were on sale for buy one get one free so I picked up an Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse version.
Since Minnie is in a yoga pose and yoga is an Eastern religion, she got tossed in the trash, along with the rather large lawn chair.
As part of my program to build a number of cities I am building Disneyland, mostly from the 1950s but with a few of the modern elements.  I am also doing "beach" and surfing as part of the American cities.  In addition to that there is a Batman episode, where The Joker tries to take over the surfers and he and Batman have it out on the beach, so these little beach themed buildings will come in handy.
Lazy or cheap?  The backside is plain.  Not sure if I will add doors or so something else.
It comes with this little poorly painted sign, I think I will make it an advertisement for for beverages or ice cream in Disneyland.  While I hate what Disney has become I used to live only a few miles away and had annual passes and everything, my wife even went there on opening day.  So I honor it for what it was under Walt Disney, not what it has become.
 

2 comments:

Simon said...

The House of Mouse is a failing woke nightmare now. Any film or series they release is absolute rubbish.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I agree. I only bought these because they were on sale 1/2 off. Years ago I lived only a few miles from Disneyland and even had annual passed and it was fun, and wholesome.
Not so much now.

Thanks for reading and commenting Simon.

Bunkermeister