Friday, June 30, 2017
A completed spaceman. The flamethrower is glued on upside down to disguise it's origin. The wire is an antenna.
Spaceman finds human.
These 1/72nd scale cheap figures were very plain, making them good for conversions.
I plan to use them for 1950's style space adventures.
These figures will be painted soon.
Thursday, June 29, 2017
A small wire bit from Joanns.
A resin cast flame thrower.
Cheapo Chinese copy of an Airfix US Marine. His head has been replaced with a map pin.
The flamethrower and wire get glued to the back of the soldier.
I use rubber cement called Goo sold at model railroad stores.
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
I got a couple 100mm AT Guns from Tracks, they were used and probably 30 years old.
They are long out of production but I needed them to complete my battery of them. I glue them together with 5 Minute Epoxy. I also glue them to a sheet styrene base.
Working on my gas station I used a few Batmobiles to measure the size for cars to drive around the pumps.
Gas station will be a part of my US Army base.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
I got a few Panzer III tanks that need some work.
Used Roco can be cheaper than the new stuff, I buy it all the time.
These were missing hatches, had damaged guns, and were missing some of the spare road wheels from the fenders.
I have built up a few spare parts and I was able to fix these three tanks.
Extra hatch from the spares bin.
Monday, June 26, 2017
Another Roco ARV conversion.
Sometimes the Russian built a box over the opening, not unlike many German ARVs.
I use a few bits of sheet styrene for the box.
Then I put another small, removable piece of sheet styrene and put tools and supplies on it.
Dismounted it makes up a small machine shop.
Band saw or drill press from a model railroad store.
Soviet Jeep with Roco Kubelwagen.
Sunday, June 25, 2017
Easy ARV conversion. The Soviets used many old T34 hulls as towing vehicles for disabled vehicles or those stuck in the mud.
Take and M113 hatch and glue it on the top of the T34 where the turret used to be located.
Glue the boom from the M577 along the turret ring.
Add a "steel" unditching beam.
And an extra resin cast road wheel.
Saturday, June 24, 2017
This tank reminded me of this vehicle. It seemed perfect for my 1938 US Army.
They had some very nice clear parts.
I used the Model Master Clear Parts Glue for it.
All the other plastic parts got Model Master glue.
Flash free and excellent fit with all the parts.
Lots of little sub assemblies move.
Instructions were very clear.
Friday, June 23, 2017
Years ago I ordered two models from Hobby Japan.
They were kept on back order and now they are here.
The parts fit together perfectly.
It is going to be a great tank.
It's a 1/72nd scale science fiction tank from some comic book. The crew are pig men.
Thursday, June 22, 2017
These are also bridge launcher tanks. I went with a simple superstructure.
The cross bars are the Roco clips that hold the underside wheels on the tanks!
A third type of ARV. One has a Roskopf 14.7mm machine gun on it.
An overhead view.
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
More Soviet WWII tank collection photos.
I did a massive upgrade on my T34/76 Roco tanks.
I cast replacement hatches, and roadwheels, and bow machine guns.
Many were missing parts or had droopy cannons, and upside down cannons!
I also made a few more bridge launchers.
I made a simple bridge and added supports to the top of the vehicles, and a life ring on this platoon.