Followers

Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Happiest Place on Earth

Recently I got a Marx / Sears Disneyland Set.  It's version of the original Marx Disneyland set with about half of the stuff.
This is the vinyl playmat.
It lays down on your table and your buildings and characters fit around it.
For a kids toy, it's very nicely done.
My plan is to do a model of Disneyland, as I would have wanted it to be.
So I will construct it about 1965 but I will use some attractions that were gone by then or move things around a little for better play value.
This is all part of my city building program.  Part of my American city of greater Los Angeles.
I have been to Disneyland in about 1965, 1973, 1980, 1995, and I had a yearly pass in about 2010, probably a few other times.  It's a great place, and I really liked visiting.  Most people I knew who worked there enjoyed working at Disneyland.  I am thinking the Tim Mee Battle Mountain may not be a good substitute for the Matterhorn.
 

No comments: