A company from the old Soviet Union, called Mir, made a nice T34 tank. I have a bunch of them but this one had the tracks destroyed and so I am using it to make a bridge launcher.The tracks on the original had tabs on the tracks to fill these gaps, but since the original tracks are no longer usable I am having to fill in the holes. Sheet plastic bits are doing that job.These clamps are holding these bits together while the glue dries.These are dollar store clamps, and they work fine for light duty work.I have a Permit SU-100 that is in the junk pile and so it is donating their tracks. You can see those tracks in the upper right corner. The holes have been filled in well enough for my purposes.This Eastern European T54 bridge launcher will donate it's bridge and launcher stuff to make my T34 bridge launcher. The T54 may become a mine clearance vehicle.
2 comments:
The more I learn about AFVs, the more I realize my knowledge is superficial. I wasn't aware that there was a bridge-laying version of the T34. Good work on your conversion!
The TM34 and the MT34 were both Russian and CZ bridge layers based on the T34 chassis. Mine does not look much like either.
Post a Comment