Followers

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Lee Construction


These are the Lee tanks I am building in addition to the ones for Makin Island.
I made a chart showing all the versions that I could find in looking through my books and on line.  Lots of variation in guns and hulls, and other details.
I am making Canal Defense Lights for many of my Lee tanks.  So they will act as a regular tank in some games and later in the war they will swap out their gun turret for a light turret.
The US Army deployed a small unit of American troops with the British Army in North Africa early in the war so they US could get some experience with the Grant, they used Grant tanks.  These are two white primer painted Grants and a box of Canal Defense Lights.
In going through my 90+ Lee / Grant tanks I ended up with one defective track section, and including that one, for right side tracks without a left side partner!  I sent a message to Reviresco and they made it good right away at no charge!
Here is one of the boxes I am using to hold tank parts for a few tanks that will be built later.






 

No comments: