Followers

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Surf Collection

My recent Hot Wheels purchases, the Surf N Turf in two different color combinations.
I have been gathering surf related buildings from Dollar Tree, Dollar General and Hot Wheels over the last couple years.  Ironically, I lived in Southern California and even worked within 100 yards of the beach and never even tried surfing.  I have been on a paddle board, boogie board, and body surfing, but it's not the same.
I did see Beach Blanket Bingo first run in the movie theater, starring Annette and her Funichellos.
Since I am building several cities, to include a generic Los Angeles / Orange County it seems surfing culture needs to be represented.  Also there is a Batman 66 episode were Batman and Joker face off in a surfing contest to see who will rule the waves.  It's a very small side collection, along with my drag racing, sports car racing, custom car collection that overlap each other and several other types of collections.  Many of the items are not in this photo but the total investment is probably less than $25 and I think it is worth it to add a little extra to the collection.
 

No comments: