Followers

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Marx Hut

There is a company in Mexico doing recast Marx African Native sets.
I purchased two sets of native huts, each set has two huts like this one and a round hut.
The huts are this color and with the tan and dark brown reversed.  The huts are scaled for about 28mm figures based on the size of the blankets but that was not unusual for toys to often make larger items a little under scale so that they are not so large to be un-afordable.
Hut with one Marx native inside.  Natives and accessories sold separately.
They fit just fine in the hut, if you ignore the tiny blanket he is sleeping on.
Two of the Marx recast natives, I got one set of them, and two sets of accessories.  The figure size does not seem too small when outside the hut.
Two 1/72nd scale African figures, I think the hut looks very good for this size figure, particularly if the ladder had smaller rungs closer together.
The hut is very generic and I think could be used for both Africa and the Pacific.  The little legs just insert into the bottom of the soft plastic hut and can be easily pulled out or put back in.
I never had this set as a kid, but I did have the MPC African Natives, they are 60mm and a bit tall for these huts, but I think they would work.
MPC and Marx African Natives together with the hut.  The Marx guys look like teenagers, or maybe the MPC Natives are just tall people.
 

2 comments:

phssthpok said...

I still have a couple of those somewhere around here. They came as part of a Viet Nam playset.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I never saw that playset. It sounds really cool. These look like they would work for Asia, Vietnam and the Philippines were my first thoughts.

Thanks for reading phssthpok.

Bunkermeister