Followers

Thursday, June 15, 2023

T-36/76 Battalion in HO Scale

For about the last six years I have been pushing hard to upgrade the condition of my WWII Soviet Union collection in HO scale.
While I have painted my Soviets in various colors of olive drab this is the one I have been using recently.  Army Green by Rust-Oleum.
It seems a very "olive" olive drab color to me.
In real life military vehicle paints vary for many reasons.  Different batches, different colors, weathering and indifferent application.
These Roco T34/76 tanks are in near mint condition.
Three tanks in a platoon, ten in a company, and thirty in a battalion.
Here is the battalion in glorious Panzervision.
I resin cast both fuel drums and hatches to make sure everyone of them had the right bits.
Many of these are at least 30 to 40 years old.
I think my WWII Soviet collection is likely in the best overall condition of all my collections.
 

4 comments:

Wayne W said...

Nice job. I have over 100 ROCO minitanks that were the mainstay of my "1/72" armor for years. They probably could do with an overhaul. Enjoy your pictures.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks Wayne W. Yes, many of mine have suffered from neglect and now are getting some love overdue maintenance. Just like a real army procurement and maintenance are both important.
Bunkermeister

Wayne W said...

It's been years since I've been able to drag mine out. I'd hate to see the condition they're in.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Mine get visited pretty frequently, but some are still in rough shape. I am going through the boxes now and working on projects that have languished for 20 years or more in some cases. The Microwave communications van little red bit is a cat toy that is at least 20 years old, that I saved because it looked like a communication dish.
Bunkermeiesr