Followers

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

17 cm Kanone 18


My collection includes a small collection of very rare models of very rare vehicles.


Landwasserschlepper was used from 1942 until the end of the war to carry cargo from ship to shore, cross rivers, and act as an engineer river tug.  It was a popular vehicle but only produced in small numbers.  Resin kit, I have two of them.  Photo etched brass for tracks, and rather fine resin for the rest of the model.


This is the armored recovery vehicle version of the Elephant.  By removing the gun, ammo, and turret many tons of weight are saved.


By reducing the weight, it is easier for the engine, transmission, and other components to withstand towing a heavy Elephant tank destroyer.  I have one in my collection, it's nearly all resin, I did not install all of the photo etched bits.


German heavy artillery, this 170mm gun was used all during the war.


The side walkways are photo etched brass but so thin and fragile that I added a plastic strip underneath for wargame handling.


Enlarge the photo and you can see the walkway and the plastic strip underneath.


Two of them getting painted.  The Germans used these from the beginning of the war until the end.  I have seen a photo of one of these in Berlin.  They had very long range and were often used for counter-battery work.

No comments: