Followers

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Dutch East Indies


While the major basis of my collection is the US Army from the first muster of English speaking militia in the Massachusetts Bay Colony in December of 1637 to the near future and their enemies, I also do a few other things.


This is one of those things.  My collection of World War Two Dutch troops.


The Dutch East Indies was attacked by the Japanese not long after Pearl Harbor and lasted about as long as the Japanese conquest of the Philippine Islands.


American troops were sent there who were on their way to the Philippines and fought briefly alongside the Dutch.


The Americans were also supplying the Dutch with weapons before the war, many of which were not delivered in time to be used against the Japanese.


So far, all I have a a few troops, and some heavy infantry weapons.


There have been a few new Dutch figures and artillery pieces released in the last couple years so I will likely buy more to fill out my Dutch units.

No comments: