Followers

Monday, October 7, 2019

The Mother Lode


I have been saving up for months and I got the mother lode of hobby stuff.





Living in rural Kentucky is great, but the hobby shops are very poor.  It is pretty much Hobby Lobby and not much else.  



So I mail ordered a ton of stuff from my best friend Randy of Fidelis Models.


He and I go way back and we worked at a lot of places over the years and he was best man at my wedding.  So he really is my best friend.  And Fidelis Models is my favorite hobby shop for HO stuff.



I got Roco, and decals, and Shatton, and Peddinghaus, and lots of good stuff.


The "new" Roco Sheridan actually has a gun shield for the commander, very cool.





I got both WWII and Modern era vehicles.  US and German stuff.  No Soviet or Russian this time.



I like this little tank from Shatton.  Very nice resin kit, looks easy to put together.


I got five Paul Heiser Models M4A6 tanks with the extended hull for the large engine.  The M4A6 only served in the USA and was used for training.  They made about 75 of them, so more than a battalions worth.  Paul Heiser is also a good friend, I have been to his house many times.  I remember my late wife had called him and purchased a secret stash of models for me for Christmas.  Paul snuck over to my house and put them in the mailbox, and I caught him just as he was closing the door on the mailbox.  Hi Paul, watcha doing?  Busted.  He is very a very nice man and makes great products.


I got a bunch of WWII German decals for my railway guns from Lima and my Karl mortars.  Of course you will be seeing more of these models over the next few days, weeks, and years.  Fidelis Models.  Check them out.   Free shipping on orders over $75 in the USA.   https://www.fidelismodels.com/

2 comments:

Tim Gow said...

That’s a great pile of stuff. It should keep you busy for a while!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Yes, because I only have 43,000 project in line. Today I painted a resin model that I got about 30 years ago. So I am catching up.
Thanks for reading Tim.
Bunkermeister