Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

House and Bunker Construction


My blog postings are often written at least 30 days ahead.  This is the view out of my upstairs window on my house, still under construction.


I told the contractor I wanted the basement wargame room lit up like a supermarket.  He installed 17 light fixtures.  This is the view from the bottom of the stairs.  The room is nearly 60 feet long and almost 30 feet wide.


Phone guys working on the phone.  The HVAC, phone, CATV, and water and sewage all run through the basement, on the ceiling or at the back wall.  My plan is for the basement to remain unfinished but to install wargame tables and a few posters, with a desk at the open end.


Looking out the walk out basement door.  There will be a small concrete pad poured here.


They are installing a very small retaining wall on both sides.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Mike:
I was wondering about the LENGTH of that basement.
Good to see it's for gaming and toy soldier/model/stuff storage.

Looked like a BOWLING ALLEY was going in there...lol.

Carry on.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

A bowling alley is 60 feet long.
My basement is 60 feet long.
That's why it looks like a bowling alley is going in.
Bunkermeister