Followers

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rescue Me


As part of my perpetual Berlin project, I have been putting together rescue teams. These guys are Airfix figures from some of their RAF related sets. They stretcher had a wounded guy on it but I cut him off an use it without that feature. They are wearing Atlantic Afrika Korps set helmets.





The view of the underside of the stretcher shows the wounded man is just a shadow of his former self. I trimmed him down enough that he does not show after I flipped the stretcher. I added larger bases to the stretcher bearers so they would stand up better.



These Dapol figures have had Afrika Korps helmets added to them and one has had his base enlarged. I don't base my figures so sometimes I make a larger base for them so they will stand up better.


This Hasagawa figure originally had a head with helmet on it but I swapped with an officers head. His high boots, riding breeches, binoculars and pointing hand make him look much more like an officer.



Here is an overview of some of these rescuse personnel in action at a destroyed building. Sometimes the enemy could be close as rescue operations proceeded and so you can see some armed guards at the right of the picture.



No comments: