Followers

Friday, January 9, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Operation Antarctica - HAUNEBU from Odemars is a great new set that will complement a new accessory that they will release later this year. It will be the single most unique set of figures and accessories ever made by any soft plastic figures company in the history of soft plastic figures. I have helped them with this set when they first got started on it several years ago. So look here for that announcement.



Another new set just about to hit the shelves is coming from Pegasus. It will be a great new set also, another new direction for Pegasus. I hope to be able to announce more about this set in the next few days too.



If you like this blog, please tell your friends about it and sign up as a follower of this blog.



I also do two other blogs, one on law enforcement, http://sgtsays.blogspot.com/
Since I have spent my entire adult life as a soldier, police officer and private security guard and so I have a few things to say about law enforcement.



My other blog, http://hystericalrightwing.blogspot.com/
covers politics and society. You may find it interesting or it may make you mad!



With all three blogs, if you are interested, please make a comment, you can ask a question or tell us about something you are working on too. I read all the comments and I try and respond to them all in a timely manner.





I just got an eBay auction and it came with these rather odd 1/32 scale size figures, about 54mm tall, maybe 2 1/4 inches tall. These two look like WWII Germans a repairman and a tank commander.

These identical guys have a lunch box of some kind. Maybe construction workers.



One man has binoculars and the other could be a space man or a race car driver. Any ideas on who made these interesting figures?

4 comments:

Nuno Cabeçadas said...

Its difficult to see all details, but soviet pilots flying high altitude planes had flight suits and helmets very similar to those worn by astronauts or cosmonauts, if Russians.

I still have one of those high altitude anti-g suits with the very interesting feature of having duct channels to connect to hot air outlets. The circulating kept the pilot warm, even in very low temperatures.

Cheers

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Hi Nuno, I doubt they are Soviets, but you never know. That little circle on the front may be a coupler for such a duct. So you may be close.

Were you a pilot, or a collector or just have a strange wardrobe?

Nuno Cabeçadas said...

I had a flight license, not valid anymore, am a collector and have a strange wardrobe.

This may seems stupid, but connecting that flight suit to any source of hot air is very relaxing. I once tested it in my car by diverting one air duct and could drive without the hood in the winter :)

Cheers

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Not stupid at all Nuno. I read about a cop who fixed up his body armor to a vent in his car air conditioning so that when he was in the vehicle it would cool him. So you are not the only one.