Followers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Caesar Miniatures Special Forces

H061 Special Forces World Wide is the latest set from Caesar Miniatures. This is another great set from Caesar in 1/72nd scale plastic.


Caesar is the most consistent figure maker of all. Their figures are always the same size, the same style, and excellent.


These figures appear to be a mixture of Russian, American and British military and police forces.


The are armed with assault rifles, sniper rifles, pistols and submachine guns.

This guy is armed with a hand gun and carries a ballistic shield. The shield is a separate part but he looks good without it too. The shield fits okay without gluing but I glued mine because it won't stand up to handling without glue. When SWAT teams make entry they are often lead in by a man with a ballistic shield armed with a hand gun.


Some of these guys will work well with the Caesar SAS, some will work well with the two Caesar Modern US Army sets. All of them can be used to combat the various Caesar Terrorist and Partisans sets. So far I have one of these, but will probably get at least one more and maybe three more as I continue to look for more uses for them.
Remember all Caesar sets are limited production and won't be around long. More photos of these figures later.



4 comments:

ModernKiwi said...

They do look very nice, can't wait for my "local" (read Australian) stockist to get them in. I'll be buying 3 packs of them at least.

I wrote to Peter at Caesar shortly after their SAS came out begging for these, so I'm very happy right now. All I need from them now is some modern Aussie for use in Timor, A'stan and Iraq.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Peter Caesar wants to do Pacific Rim sets, that's why he has done, Maya and Inca and ancient Chinese. I think some Aussie moderns would be a good move for them too, as well as modern Chinese and JSDF too.

ModernKiwi said...

Yeah Caesar did have a modern Chinese set listed at one stage but its vanished from their website now.

I am defintely a big Caesar fan, their figures are high quality and lots of the sets they produced are what I'm after.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I buy all their WWI, WWII, Modern and American sets. I hope the Chinese reappear soon.