Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Meyers Manx

In 1963 the Meyers Manx was first manufactured in Fountain Valley, California.
It was the classic dune buggy. 
While I have not found any evidence of their use by the US Army this Venezuelan Army version does appear in the 1967 John Wayne movie "Hellfighters."  And that is close enough for me.

I got four Hot Wheels versions of the Manx, stripped off the old paint and repainted them in US Army colors.
The drivers are generic plastic figures with US Army headgear, M1 helmets and Ridgeway hats from Imex Korean War sets.  Ever since I saw this movie in the theater I wanted some of these vehicles in my collection.  Mission accomplished.  It is a little late to put this vehicle in a unit with M47 tanks and M59 APCs but it's only temporary until I upgrade some more of my M48 and M60 collection.
 

1 comment:

Legion4 said...

Neat composite recon unit ...