Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2024

German Mountain Troop Head Swaps

I needed some field caps for a project I have going.
So I cut a bunch of heads off of some Airfix Mountain Troops.
And then replaced them with helmet heads from Airfix German Infantry.
My plan is to use these guys in with my engineer unit which is presently mostly Revell WWII German Engineer figures.
It will give them a little more variety.
Guys with ropes are pretty common in engineering work.
Here are the results all together.
 

2 comments:

jeigheff said...

Airfix produced some really nice 1/76 and 1/32 figures. I THINK your figures are 1/76 (because of the bases), but the detail and proportions look good enough for a larger scale.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Yes, they have only produced one new 1/72nd set in the last 20 years to replace their missing / broken / lost / stolen WWII British Infantry and it is marginal, IMHO.

These are an older set and are probably 1/76th scale but at some point Airfix started calling them 1/72nd scale. How long is a piece of string?

Bunkermeister