Followers

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Projects in Progress

Roco Minitanks Lacrosse missile system trucks.  I got a number of the trucks in various collections I have purchased over the years but no missiles for most of them.  So I am trying to put together the trucks and find something for them to launch.  But what's that thing in the lower left corner?
It started life as a Roco Dodge weapons carrier but it had a hard life and is broken up.  I am converting it into a T5 unarmored halftrack used by the US Army in the pre-war era.  They made 24 of them to tow the light 75mm mountain howitzer.  Those howitzers were also used by horse cavalry units and that's where mine is likely to go.  My plan is to build four of them.  It's slow going and there are lots of pieces.
The Earth vs the Flying Saucers truck in the lower center.  The three yellow truck cabs will receive the tattered remains of three Roco Dodge trucks and become radio or maintenance vans for my 1938 US Army.  The large transport vans are being refurbished, many are missing wheels, or doors or other parts.  Some will go back to being standard cargo vans, but a few will be radar stations and other specialized communications or air traffic control vans trailers.
For the last ten years  or so, I have been buying up Hot Wheels 1966 Batmobiles.  Taking them apart and stripping off the paint.  Eventually they will be repainted for different purposes.
A few years ago I did one for US Army 1943 and I think it would be cool to do some more military versions.  According to some of the comic book and animated versions of Batman he did fight against the Germans at Normandy and perhaps elsewhere.

 I like these gold Batmobiles, I don't care for the purple windshields so they may get changed out.  We shall see.

No comments: