Followers

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Betan Post WWII

Charging man, perhaps the most action packed figure in the line up.
I read someplace that these were released after WWII because of shortages of materials they could not upgrade the mold to the new helmet.  Radio man, so an improvement in communications.
A bazooka figure, firing would have been nice but since he is left foot forward just like the radio guy I suspect they are supposed to be in a parade.  Parades were common in WWII so kids may have wanted to play what they knew.  I liked being in parades better than watching them.
Drummer he as in the old set but I don't have all the poses in either the pre-war or post-war groups.
Nice color guard, two riflemen, identical, and a flag bearing pass a saluting man.
Just as before these came in both green and tan.  I only have a couple tan ones.
A perfect fit with the old Tim Mee marching figure in 60mm.
 

No comments: