Followers

Friday, March 25, 2022

Old School Wargame

 

Roco SWS halftrack with Airfix figures, first series Germans and Afrika Korps and a Marine.
This is how my old wargames used to be played.
Often unpainted vehicles, unpainted figures the norm.
Airfix first series USMC figures as US Army in 1/72nd scale.
Limited weapons choices, no mortar or heavy machine guns.
It does have a bazooka team and unlike most of these sets loader and firer.  Game played on indoor / outdoor carpet.  I got the Germans used and so they are painted, same for the German vehicles.

2 comments:

Playmonaut said...

To this day, I really like the "toy" aspect of monochrome miniatures fighting each other. It's like a nostalgic thing about good old play time.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Me too. That's why I seldom paint my plastic miniatures. That and it's a lot of work to paint thousands of figures and my painting skills are marginal. My long term plan is to paint the hero figures and leave the masses unpainted.
Thanks for reading Playmonaut.
Bunkermeister