Followers

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Lost in Space

A friend of mine gave me the Lost in Space set with the Robinson Family and the Cyclops.
Rather than make it as the instructions, I mounted the Cyclops on a sheet of styrene, and also the Robinson's.  I filled the holes in the base with filler and cut off the Lost in Space letters on the giant rock.
This is the Robot B9.  The model did not come with the robot, or with Judy Robinson.
I got this figure in the Tim Mee Galaxy Laser Team set.
I am going to modify the orange version to make Judy a little shorter than the original.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that model in stores when it came out. Wish I had bought a bunch of them. I had the chariot. It got broke and was thrown away in the 70's. They made the chariot in HO scale by Hot Wheels or Matchbox. I had 2 of those and sold both. At Wonderfest Conventions. There were life size B9s, some of the original cast would attend and the man who did the voice of the robot would autograph the B9.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks for commenting Unknown. The small Chariot was by Johnny Lightning, I still have a couple of them. They made this particular B9, a very small Jupiter II, and the Landing Pod, which was the same scale as the Chariot. The Chariot and Landing Pod go well with the Jupiter II model kit.
Bunkermeister