Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Babs


I am building the LS Mitsubishi Ki-15-I Babs light bomber, Japanese World War Two.


It is a single engine plane with two crew, the model in 1/72nd scale.


I have built eight of them before this, and I am building eight of them at a time now.


When I have ten or more models I like to build a couple of them and learn their unique problems.  Then I build all the rest at one time.  I find it a much faster and better way to build models in large numbers.


I paint the interior and crew but don't paint the exterior until after construction.


My crew gets only a basic paint job, uniform; then boots, gloves and helmet in brown leather; skin; and silver goggles.


I like to keep one of the previously constructed planes handy as a reference model.

No comments: