Followers

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Mike Went Shopping


Visited the local Hobby Town and Hobby Lobby.


Picked up some Tamiya spray paints for a robot project I got going.  Converting some anime looking robots into Samurai Robots by use of paint.


More robot paints and the light green on the left is for Japanese aircraft interiors.


Glue for aircraft interiors, perfect for gluing on aircraft canopies.


Kind of expensive blades, but I am working on some Heiser Models resin kits and I like the sharp long blades for trimming off the very tiny amounts of flash on the mold lines.


These little gems are for applying paint in hard to reach spots. Helpful for doing aircraft pilots and instrument panels.


I don't like to use sandpaper much but sanding sticks I like.  Good for doing each half of the fuselage on an airplane to insure a good fit before glue is applied.


I never had one of these off set tweezers but they always looked like a good idea.  So we shall see.  I mostly wanted the handle, but the razor saw will go into inventory as a replacement when the currently in use one gets too dull.  I wanted the  handle so I could maintain several different large knife blade types ready to go and cut out some of the switching.


I broke the tip off of a tweezers the other day and so I picked up a replacement.  One of the few things I miss about California is the hobby shops, they were much better, but that goes with the larger population which brings its own problems.  Naturally, I got the Hobby Lobby 40% off one item coupon.

No comments: