Followers

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hey, Listen, What's That Sound?


The Roco SWS Halftrack, with Sound Detector.


HO 1/87 scale model in plastic.


An old Roco, this model is probably at least 40 years old.


Model number Z-130.


In real life only a tiny number of these were built.  Roco should have made the SdKfz 251 halftrack, over 22 versions were made of those and in large numbers.


Still, this is a good model and it served in many WWII HO scale German armies.


I often used it as a radar rather than sound detector, but that's just me.

4 comments:

Bruce Roeder said...

It amazed me that Roco ignored the basic German Halftrack. Whoever was in charge of marketing missed that boat.

B.Hellman said...

That little half-track is like an old friend to me.....I have one in each of my Panzer Divisions, :)

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Bruce, you are so right. I would have purchased them in vast numbers, huge error.
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Welcome B Hellman, I know what you mean, I have known that halftrack for 50+ years myself.
Bunkermeister