Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Japanese Junk


My friend Billy Hill sent me these figures.


They are WWII Japanese clones of 1/32nd scale Airfix figures, but in 1/72nd scale.


They are cheapo dollar store type figures, mis-molded, and filled with flash.


So every day after dinner I spend a few minutes and trimmed flash off of at least one.


There are more than just these few, I did one pose at a time.  After trimming the same pose a couple times I learned the best techniques to remove the flash and adjust the mis-molding.  It makes doing the rest of them that much faster.


The Japanese soldiers confront a giant prehistoric reptile; as usual.

4 comments:

Gary Panter said...

These look a little different than the usual airfix Japanese knock-offs. They have a bigger and flatter base. Do you know any more about where they came from? Thank you mr. Mike have a good day

tsold3000 said...

Looks like they awoke another sleeping giant.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Gary Panter I got them from a friend and I don't know ether when or where he got them.
They had a lot of flash on them, but the bases were nice and big.
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

tsold, apparently that's a continuing problem for them.
Bunkermeister