Followers

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Small Building Upgrades

This is a dollar store building.  I like these buildings because they are cheap and can be used for a variety of purposes.
The castings are usually good, but the paint jobs are typically marginal.
So a little bit of paint can make a big improvement on how these look.
For less than $2 this is a pretty good building for wargaming.  
Here is a small group of them that I have put together over the last few weeks, these have all had a little bit of new paint and I think it makes them look a lot better.
On of the first things I do is color in the windows, usually with gloss black paint.  Sometimes semi-gloss and sometimes with yellow to simulate the light are on inside.
That black window paint really defines the look of the windows which really improves them right away.
Usually I keep the colors the same, but if I have more than one of the same building, then I often repaint them so they look very different from one another.  Then a little touch up on the plant life, rocks, and other bits and they are done.
 

No comments: