Followers

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Aunt Jemima Mine Roller and Sherman Hull Upgrade

Paul Heiser Models Aunt Jemima mine roller, tank front end.
Major parts laid out for final assembly.
This is a time consuming model to build but not difficult if you read and follow the directions closely.
Careful sanding and trimming is important too.
I used mostly gap filling super glue on the project.
One of my Aunt Jemima tanks is a half and half.  The upper hall is front half Roco and rear half Heiser Models.
The Roco Sherman rear engine deck is very wrong and so I am using the back half of a damaged Heiser Models upper hull to replace the Roco engine deck.  I used a razor saw to cut both hulls in half and lined them up and glued them together.  The fit is really close.  I had to do a little sanding on the sides and a bit of trimming here and there but very close.

 This is the center of the mine roller that I made out of two very thick pieces of plastic.  I used the Paul Heiser Models part as a guide.

No comments: