Followers

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Grille

Roco Minitank Z-106 the Grille, but modified with a gun gun.
The Germans made three Grille in WWII but later modified one to carry the FlaK 41 L/74 cannon with the typical ground mount style gun shield.
This one looks a little large because the gun and shield are actually 1/76th scale, I think the Airfix gun but I am not certain.
A more accurate representation could be done using the Roco number 740 flak gun in HO scale but I don't have any extra ones and I did have a bunch of surplus 1/76th scale gun bits... so here we are.
I left the little wheels on.  Sometimes I take them off and sometimes I don't.  The little wheels can be used for other projects along with the clip and the wire, but I have plenty in stock right now.
The gun and shield just barely fit, but they fit!
Since I have a lot of these floating around I might make a platoon of 5 for my German 1946 army.
 

No comments: