Followers

Friday, February 14, 2020

Three Robots


The bases of these had various impressions that looked like crop circles.


So using a marker pen I filled them in.


I painted the bases gray and when I gloss coated the whole thing, the gloss coat dissolved the gray a bit.


So the red I painted on originally bled through.


Here they are together.


Robots with a Japanese officer in 1/72nd scale.  Not so big that they are huge, but large enough to be intimidating to a 1/72nd scale size soldier.  About the size of a medium tank.  I have not worked out the wargame data on them yet, but they will likely be about as effective as a tan, but able to move like a person, or fly in the case of the jet robot.

4 comments:

Quantrilltoy said...

The gloss red looks terrific. Who made these?

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

SCS Direct, get them on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/SCS-Direct-Fantasy-Sci-fi-Figures/dp/B0746T9X9C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I liked them so well I got several sets of them.

Thanks for reading.
Bunkermeister

Quantrilltoy said...

I was just about to order them but it said unavailable so I hope that changes as they are very interesting and useful for SF scenarios, although I'd use them with my 54mm. Those tube sets of fantasy and SF figures coming out of China are great stuff and I have been painting the fantasy, zombie and other SF figures.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

They seem to come and go, so check Amazon and eBay often. I use them with both /72nd scale and 60mm, they work for both, I think. Their newest set is dinosaurs.
Bunkermeister