Followers

Saturday, August 10, 2019

M47 and M48 Tanks by Airfix






 My friend Clarence sent these to tanks to me.
 

They are an M48 and M47 made in soft plastic by Airfix.



Unlike the real tanks they both have the same engine, hull, and suspension.


They are soft plastic models made by Airfix.  They are great toys and I wish I could get a few more of each.


They are very old but in perfect condition, I love the color of the plastic.



Here is the Airfix version next to the Roco M47, as you can see the Airfix is a lot bigger and looks very different.  I am okay with that as my plan is to use them as "experimental prototype" tanks for the 1950s.  The US was building a number of very large prototype tanks during that time so the fact that these two tanks look similar to but not really the same as "real" tanks is a bonus in my mind.


Look at the futuristic look of that turret.

No comments: