Followers

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Little Soldier Figures


Before and during World War Two the Nazi Party had a charity called "Winter Relief."


They collected money and donated to the poor to help them pay for their winter heating bill.


If you gave a donation, in return you got a small token of some kind.


Sometimes those tokens were plastic figures, even plastic soldiers.


You could show your token as a way to prove you gave at the office and they would not bother you again until the next weekly or monthly fund drive.


I have been told these figures are from such a fund drive.


I got them at a gun show a few years ago.


They look to me like chess pieces.


The figures themselves are rather vague, and generic.


The VW is the only marking on them.


One of my friends said they look like a proposed award for Best Soldier based on the famous "Oscar" statue.  I don't know if these are really from the WWII era, but they make interesting figures.  I use them as statues for impressive government buildings.  The figures are generic enough to be used for almost any 20th Century nation.

No comments: