Followers

Friday, December 8, 2017

Rocketship X-M


Rocketship X-M is an exciting movie that I watched over and over as a kid.  A rocket to the moon goes off course and lands on Mars instead.   I think this movie is one reason I like the MPC ring hand figures so much, the remind me of the crew in this rocketship.


This is another in the long series of rockets by Pegasus Hobbies.


On my way out of California I stopped at Pegasus and hoovered up a big order of items, including most of their rocketship models.  Larry gave me a good deal on them since I got so many all at once.


While the scale is supposed to be 1/144 scale, I intend to use them with my 1/72nd scale figures, sound familiar by now?  The ship is about the same size as a 1/72nd scale V-2 missile.


The "glass" portholes are made in a unique way that allows the builder to install several at one time and avoid getting glue on the windows.  I really like this model and being simple it really cries out for an armada of them!

No comments: