Followers

Monday, December 18, 2017

Hobby Storage


MRS Bunkermeister and I visited the storage sheds today.


We have six 10 X 10 sheds.  This one is nearly all hobby items.


These are underbed storage boxes.  Stacked 12 high, 6 across, and 3 deep; that's 216 of them.


More storage tubs, mostly larger items, like GI Joe stuff.  The flak tower is in the big custom built cardboard box in the lower right corner.


This is a close up into the depths of one of the sheds, the one with the flak tower.

2 comments:

BigLee said...

Holy crap....that's a LOT of storage. My modest collection is scattered around the house and I'm always trying to tidy it up, reorganise or downsize where necessary. I showed my wife these pictures and her reaction was an unequivocal "Don't even think about it"! Lol

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Before I married MRS Bunkermeister I took her to Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove; one of my wargame friends said, "That's like taking her to visit your folks." She had full disclosure before we got married. I have been collecting toy soldiers since I was three years old, that's 59 years ago. I don't smoke, drink, hunt, fish, or do much else, so after a while the collection builds up a bit. I also resin cast some of my own vehicles and terrain, and I know lots of folks in the industry, so sometimes I get a good deal on certain items. We have moved from Southern California to rural Kentucky to retire. My hope is to get a new house with a large room to store and display the collection.