Followers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

WOTW Manta Ray II

The Pegasus Hobbies Martian War Machine from War of the Worlds, the 1954 George Pal version is mounted on this little base.



The chrome copper underside of the manta ray. I like the little hatch for the Martian to exit the machine. The front, wing tips and three spots on the underside have green plastic inserts.







The heat ray is awesome. It was a great weapon in the movie. While this model is 1/48th scale, I may get some and use them for 1/72nd scale. I really like this kit.






This model stands well on the stand. I would replace this base for wargame use. The originals were "walking" on invisible legs. My thought it to use clear plastic rods that I could insert from underneath. These legs would then replace the base and the war machine would walk on those legs.





I am thinking about how cool this machine would look with Italeri WWII US Army Infantry and Imex Korean War US Army and ROK sets. This could be really good. In the movie the war machines had a force field to protect them. I always figured there had to be a way around it or to deactivate it. Maybe fire straight up from underneath, maybe as if flys over an open manhole cover. Or perhaps commando raids on Martian camps. Plenty of things to think about.



No comments: