Followers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gold in Them Thar Boxes


This is the Pegasus Gold Rush set. They are designed to be the '49ers who in 1849 came to California to dig for gold. Many of those who came here were Chinese and several of these figures have the clothing and hairstyles of Chinese people.



These are that semi-hard soft plastic figures, they take superglue to go together. They include figures who are digging with picks and shovels, men panning for gold and using different types of sluice boxes. There are two different pack mule poses in the set, and one if them is not yet perfect so these figures go back for more work before they can hit the store shelves. There will be two sprues like this, so you get four mules. Mules that will work for nearly any era. Several of the digging guys will work for several eras, and much of the set will work for the ACW as engineers.

2 comments:

FIXED BAYONET METAL SOLDIERS said...

I like the fact that you review so well.This blog could give everyone the enthusiasm to take up the hobby.I also saw you are a Policeman.My Dad was as well.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you for the kind words. I am fortunante that several companies give me advanced copies of their products so that I can review them. Also check out Plastic Soldier Review on my links section, he does a great job of reviewing figures. You may also like SGT Says, it is my other blog on police work. Thanks to your dad for his service and sacrific.