Followers

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Roco T-54 Tank Project and Sherman Tanks

Despite working on the Roco T-54 tanks, I have also found a few minutes to paint some resin and Paul Heiser Sherman tanks.  The ones on the right are Sherman Jumbo tanks.  The Jumbo was built with massive extra armor.  My last major project was to build my Sherman tanks, but I did not paint most of them.  So on a good weather day, on a day when I have a little time, I can whip out a few Shermans and paint them.  I always keep my Testers Olive Drab spray paint on hand.
Roco Minitanks T-54 tanks that have been fully assembled and ready for combat.  Tanks that are fully unpainted are not going to be painted until all the tanks are assembled.  That way I have a better idea of what colors may be most important.
The T-54 boneyard.  The gray tank is a T-54 from some generic Chinese company.  It is very slightly larger than the Roco T-54 tank, just as the Roco tank is slightly larger than the actual Russian made T-54 tank models.
Here is my collection of right side T-54 tank track assemblies, about half of them have massive mold flaws.  I don't have corresponding left side T-54 tank track assemblies.
Some of my Roco T-54 tanks have these little truck type wheels on them for some unknown reason.
I removed then and will likely use them for other purposes.
Wheel close up.
 

No comments: