Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Bunkermeister's Bunker


Four years ago my wife and I retired and moved to rural Kentucky.  We purchased 1 acre of land and built our dream home on it.  It took a year to plan and build.  Our neighbors are cattle and a barn and a farmer.  

This is my wargame basement.  Two parallel wargame tables.  Each is 40 feet long and 7 feet wide and 40 inches off the floor.  LED lighting, air conditioning and heating.  Concrete floor, windows and door at one end of the walkout basement, and stairway at the other end.  Complete security system, and full storage for the collection in progress.  I am still buying plastic underbed storage boxes to go into the racks under the tables.  

There are also four side tables that are small versions of these, but only very small.  They are perfect for off board artillery, airfields, or bridging operations onto the main tables.  The plan is this year to finish the basement wargame work, with more boxes, carpet on the tables and an aircraft suspension system over the tables.  The aircraft suspension system is a metal grid made up of fence materials to allow me to hang the airplanes over the table.  Once complete I anticipate inviting people to visit and play a wargame or two.

God has blessed my wife Patricia and I with great neighbors, a wonderful home, and time to retire and enjoy our hobbies.

9 comments:

Brutorz Bill said...

Congratulations!

Rob Young said...

I will sit in my 16' x 9' shed with a 12' x 4' wargames table and weep...

Richard Baber said...

Wow, very impressive Mike

Der Alte Fritz said...

You have the ultimate Wargame room. Nicely done good sir.

scrull dj said...

wooooooooooooow!!! very impressive!!!!!

Wayne W said...

If I wasn't so happy for you I'd be envious.

eltee Harry said...

Heck of a wargame room, er, bunker.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you all for your kind remarks and comments. I have planned for this room since 1986 and now it is a reality. It's still a work in progress, but I am making good progress and hope to have it fully completed early next year.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you for the kind remarks. I have been blessed with a wonderful wife and a great wargame room. I am hoping to get it together by next year sometime. Clearing the table is next, followed by handing the aircraft suspension system.
Bunkermeister