Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Windsor Station

If you don't like the snow, paint over, even flock over it.  That's easy and cheap.
Sometimes these buildings have a big hole in the back for the electrical cord to the lights.  I yank out the lights and toss them in the trash.  Then I fill the hole with plastic that has window scenes printed on it, as if it is a plate or stained glass window.  My Stately Wayne Manor has a similar hole and it's covered by a stained glass window of Batman.  Seemed like an appropriate motif.
Many of the larger buildings have flat roofs.  I really like that so that troops can be up there doing troop things.  These buildings don't have interiors and they don't have lift off roofs, but that is true of many wargame buildings and all model railroad buildings.  I have a mixture of buildings and those without a lift off roof are buildings you don't get to go inside of to conduct military operations.  Perhaps there is a sign on the door saying "Mined" or some other problem that keeps you out.
I like the little details like the clock.
This building fits very nice with an Airfix Civilian figure.  Others have larger doors that would work for even 28mm figures.  But how bit is a door anyway?  I have opened doors that were 12 feet high and had to duck to get into others, so I am flexible with building size.
 

No comments: