Followers

Friday, April 8, 2022

A Visit to the Cinema

Over the last 25 years or so I have been gradually buying little bits and pieces of stuff for my Disneyland project.  I used to live close enough to Disneyland in California to see their fireworks every night.  The first time I went there was about 1963 or so.  I had an annual pass for one year.  It seemed like a pretty good idea to make a Disneyland for my American city.
This cinema is located just inside the main gate on Main Street.  It plays old time Mickey Mouse cartoons.  The building is just about HO scale.  It is actually a Christmas tree ornament.
Not only is it accurate but it is fully painted and ready to go on the wargame table.  The back is open like a girls playhouse.
I intend to extend the back a little and the roof.
Two Airfix figures for size.  Not too bad.
The fit inside too.  Disney has done a few different little ornaments like this, some are too small a scale as they tend to be the same size rather than the same scale.  It's a durable well painted and nicely detailed model.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was at Disneyland last week. You know it was what downtown LA looked like around 1930. We went to visit our daughter. Took the whole family. 2 grandchildren loved it.