Followers

Friday, December 6, 2019

The Soviets Win


The T34 tanks have broken the outer layer of German defenses.


The ancient Panzer III veteran of so many other battles succumbs to the onslaught.


Soviet assault troops penetrate the line and catch up with the tanks as they enter the city.


Wearing helmets, body armor, and carrying automatic weapons they still take advantage of available cover.


Grenades for close work.


One German defender withdraws as another covers his retreat.


Once victorious, no vanquished.


Germans and Russians trade shots at close distance!


The battle scene took place on a 2x2 piece of plywood on top of a table in my yard, in 40 degree temperatures.  I have been working to get my Soviet WWII army primer painted and since the tanks were handy, it seemed a good time for a quick set up.

Welcome to readers from Germany and Russia, may our only wars be in miniature, and our only casualties be plastic ones.

2 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

I do like that 'al fresco' war games terrain! Nice looking figures and vehicles, too!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you Archduke. I like taking photos outdoors when I can.
Bunkermeister