Followers

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Flying Saucer Truck


Recently I ordered some items from www.toysoldiersdepot.com and one of them was damaged when it arrived. I contacted Gerardo and he immediately put two replacements in the mail to me and a little extra! My collection includes this obviously tired old Lacrosse Missile Launcher truck. I got it at a kit show, naturally without the missile.


Gerardo sent me this little truck, probably a nice 28mm size vehicle, but not my scale, as you can see with the 1/72nd scale guys, it is a bit large. The parabolic dish on the back is another story. It's nice. It reminded me of Earth vs the Flying Saucers. In the movie scientists develop a ray that is focused by a parabolic antenna and shoots down the flying saucers. Not being one to let such ideas sit around unused, I determined to meld this antenna with the old Roco truck.



The antenna and it's mount simply pop off the back of the truck without any tools or even real work involved. The back of the Roco truck was glued but with a quick flick of the X-Acto knife it was removed.


Next a quick dab of rubber cement and instant Flying Saucer Repeller Truck. Or mobile radar station. Thanks Gerardo for a great inspiration!


No comments: