Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

M47, T54 and M48 Tanks

I am doing a big sweep through my Cold War Soviet Union collection.  As you can see from the Roco T54 hatches I have been replacing hatches.  I have been painting stuff a lot.
These are die cast trucks and vehicle made in Eastern Europe and a few from  China.  I use them as part of my Cold War Soviet Union support vehicles.  I have been masking the plastic glass, and spray painting them.  After it's dry, I remove the masking tape and paint the area around the windows.
Some of my command vehicles have Roco tank commanders.
I am painting over the markings and touching up some places that did not get painted by the original owner.
Here are some Roco M-47 tanks.  Can you tell me what is different about them, from the standard M-47 tank?
A few years ago this M48 and three other tanks came on a bit of cardboard with a plastic dome over them.  They all had M48 type suspensions and upper hulls and turrets of a sort of Panzer IV, and a Leopard, that were not very good.  The M48 was the best of them but it was really too small for HO scale, just by a little.  The cupola is pretty good and I may use it to update a few Roco M48s. 
 

No comments: