Followers

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Second Squad

This figure is from my Second Squad.
He is a newer GI Joe figure you can tell by the bigger hands.  They grip better than the originals but I don't think they look as good.
He also is wearing 21st Century Toys field gear, his suspenders, pistol belt, canteen, canteen cover, first aid pouch are all from 21st Century Toys.  I found a bunch of the US Airborne uniform and equipment sets on sale at Toys R US when 21st Century Toys folded.  So I got all of them I could find and got enough for two squads.  I don't do paratroopers but the rifles, grenades, and web gear are the same.  It looks more realistic than the GI Joe stuff, but I have a soft place in my heart for the GI Joe gear.
I think it looks pretty good on him.  Note the shirt is probably Formative.  I have been gradually buying GI Joe shirts be still don't have quite enough.
First aid pouch and ammo pouch are resin I think.
Canteen and cover are one piece molded together.
 

No comments: