Followers

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Petner T72 Construction Part II

Turret construction plans.  The little hole for the spotlight is too small, and using my pin vice I opened it up a little and fits perfectly.  On some of these I have built I just cut the pin off and glued it on and that worked just fine also.
There is not much in the way of locating pins for the turret parts but it was not too hard to figure out where they go.  Once I did the first one, I just made sure all my others were the same!
Boxes and fuel tanks, and unditching beam fits under the rear fenders and should not touch the tracks.
These are the tools I used, Model Master Plastic Cement, X-Acto knife with #11 blade, tweezers, Tamiya sprue cutter, and a cutting mat to keep the desk from getting scratched up.
These are the smoke dischargers.  Some go on each side of the front of the turret.  There are no locating holes for them, you have to figure out where they go, drill holes in the turret and then insert them into the hole and glue.  Too much work for too little return for a wargaming model so I have never done them.  It would likely be fine to do if you are only building one of these as a display piece.

Overall an excellent model and it has lots of details.  A good value even after all these years.
 

No comments: