Followers

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Making the Computer Room


To make the computer room I scoured the Internet to find photos of electronic equipment.


I downloaded some computer photos and printed them out.  Cut them to shape and used white glue to glue them side by side on a piece of foamcore board.


The wall paper was downloaded and printed then glued onto cardboard, along with the electronic modules.


The whole thing is taped or glued or clipped onto a cardboard presentation board and a couple empty boxes so it will stand up and the floor will look nice.


Each of the walls are at least 14 inches high to give some space above GI Joes head and Robby too.  Total cost of the "set" was probably $2, and I think it worked out pretty well.  It's going into storage and will be re-used for other projects.

6 comments:

Ian Dury said...

Looks really good - reminds me of the opening credits of the film 'Billion Dollar Brain'

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks Ian, I will have to look that one up!
Bunkermeister

Ian Dury said...

I'll save you the time:
Wikipedia link to the film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billion_Dollar_Brain
Link to the title sequence on YouTube that I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo6fhkWDj-I
Enjoy!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you Ian.
Looks good.
Bunkermeister

Playmonaut said...

Man, those computer prints really look fantastic.
Perfect for any HQ scenes or may a secret mission to Spy Island.
Well done.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you Playmonaut, that was my intention. Come back every day for more and read the old posts, 20,000 photos, many are GI Joe.
Bunkermeister