Followers

Friday, October 9, 2026

Horned Toads and Indians

Horned toad just snoozing in the warm desert sand.
Suddenly a group of inexpensive Chinese American Indians attack!
Quickly they surround the dozing lizard.
Stunned by surprise!
The giant lizard does not stand a chance against this 1/72nd scale onslaught. 
Head held high, he meets his fate with all the dignity a lizard can muster.
Moving in for the kill.
I got these figures decades ago, they were from a dollar store, they are not Giant of Hong Kong but they look a lot like them.  I suspect both Giant and these guys copied the same 1/32nd scale figures.  These also came as cowboys and I have a few of those also.
 

3 comments:

Quantrilltoy said...

These are copies of Airfix. I am not familiar with Giant copying Airfix.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Quantrilltoy, the Airfix figures are similar in some poses but much more sedate than these guys. https://plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=28

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

PSR shows the Giant of Hong Kong Indians in their Features page and these figures are not from them either. I don't know who made them other than they were rather common in about the 1970s??? for a few years.