Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Lee Company +

My line up of Lee & Grant tanks, HO scale by Heiser Models and Reviersco.
There are so many versions I have taken to numbering each sub variant.  This is a Lee with diesel engine, no storage boxes on the back, no roof ventilators, and short barrel gun with counterweight.


The first three tanks at the bottom are the Grant, used by the British, and given a new turret with a radio in it at the request of the British.  The US actually manned three of them in British North Africa to gain combat experience.
I like the steampunk look with the rivets and all the guns.
Some of these I have had for a while and they are painted with white primer.  The newer ones have been painted with gray primer.
This one has been painted with Testors now discontinued 1911 Olive Drab as a paint test to see how it looked on these metal models.
Some like this welded Lee are still bare metal.
This cast hull Lee is painted with flat white primer.  I don't think it covered well so I went to the dark gray primer.

 Same tank type in bare metal.

No comments: