Followers

Saturday, October 5, 2024

POTA XTC-3D

Elastowit in Ukraine makes various science fiction figures.
I managed to pick up a few of them recently.
They came with these horses which I am not sure are made by them, but are included in their sets.

This is a regular plastic cast horse.
I don't have the saddle on right, but I wanted to you see the horse.
Nice and smooth.
Excellent model.
But look at this horse pose, these are 3d printed horse.  The one on the right is untreated.
Here is a close up of the striations, or ridges on the 3d printed horse.  Not a bad looking horse model, but not optimal.
Here is the same horse figure with a new coating on it.
The coating is made by Smooth-On to smooth out the striations on a 3d printed model.
It got it by mail from the manufacturer.
Mix parts A and B and brush it on.
It is kind of think and there is a bit of a learning curve but this is my first use of it and I am pretty happy with the result.
 

No comments: