Followers

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Roco Truck Painting

Over the years I have picked up a number of Roco Minitanks that are painted in roughly this color scheme. 
Someone used and airbrush to paint rust, desert yellow, and olive drab in blotches over different vehicles.
The odd thing is they also left large parts in the original Roco black-green plastic, unpainted.
I have these vehicles in USA, Soviet Union, and Nazi German markings, but the same camouflage scheme.
They all use the Roco 2 1/2 ton truck, as well as other vehicles.
Details like the rubber on the tires are not painted except with the camouflage colors.
Back in the 1960s we did not have a large truck selection so the US truck got used for everyone.  Since then these vehicles get touch up paint, I paint in all the unpainted plastic using Testors Olive Drab paint.  I also paint the wheels.  I remove any decals that are not US and the vehicles return to US Army service, and like in this example the rubber wheels get painted too.  They also often have a blotch of paint on the bottom, this one was gray, which I assume was a unit color.  I painted over that with tire black paint.
 

No comments: