Followers

Friday, October 25, 2024

1938 US Army Vehicles

The command car is from Wespe Models.  It think I got it about 25 years ago, or more.
This pick up truck and the previous one were both from Hobby Lobby.  One had a Christmas tree in the back, which I removed, and the other one was covered with glitter.  The glitter came right off with paint remover.  1930s Army vehicles sometimes were procured from civilian vehicles and would retain their chrome.  The staff car with canopy is a toy I got from Disneyland.
The radio tank is Filament Fighters 3d printed from Fidelis Models and the others are resin cast and have been in the collection for decades.
M2 Combat Cars from Filament Fighters.
I like having a pre-war US Army because it is useful for a number of scenarios.  Some can be used in WWII, some can be used to defend the Earth from the 1938 Orson Wells War of the Worlds radio broadcast, and others can be used for alternate history.  What if the US declared war on Germany in September, 1939 like the UK and France did?  This is the Army we might have used.
The last year or so I have been working hard on painting and assembling this collection.
I have more than what is shown here, and others still on the workbench getting built since taking these photos.  Next time there may be Martian War Machines, or Panzer II.

1 comment:

Roger said...

Very nice models from an era not so often modeled. Therefore I think they would fit good for as periodic vehicles for Orson Welles original 'War of the Worlds'. The move was actually scaring me in my childhood...